The first term/semester will start in August 2023.
Application deadline for non-Europeans.
(taking into consideration visa formalities and financing)
February 1st 2023
Application deadline for Europeans
March 1st 2023
You can apply to the program via the online form.
Once filled-in and with all the required documents uploaded, you will receive an automatic confirmation by e-mail, which is a summary of your application.
For those who are unable to apply via the online form, please contact us at: email@example.com
Students must send with the application the following documents, in English:
- A statement of purpose from the candidate describing his/her interest in agroecology (reasons for applying and any other information applicants want to include in support of your application: among the issues applicants may wish to cover are how their previous education and experience relates to the course, and how the course fits into their long-term academic or career plans)
- One mandatory reference letter (can send 2 if you wish) written by a professor under whom the applicant has studied or carried out research or someone who has supervised a work/internship related to the applicant’s field of study. You can download an example here.
- A copy with translation in English of the student degree(s) :
- For EU-applicants currently in the last year of BSc, a copy of the BSc will be required at least a month before the start of the programme (July).
- For non-EU applicants and because of VISA procedures, a copy of the BSc will be required at least 6 months before the start of the programme (March).
- A copy with translation in English of official transcripts from all colleges and universities or any other institution or higher education attended. The transcript must show the GPA as well as the grading system.
- An official evidence of English proficiency issued by a recognized language institute (TOEFL: 580 / IBT: 92 IELTS: 7, Cambridge).
Candidates from English speaking countries must check the NMBU website (exemptions) to know if it is needed to provide a certificate of English proficiency.
Please use the C128 code number when indicating your institution (ISARA) as a score recipient on the ETS website. Scores will then be sent to ISARA directly from ETS.
- For candidates who took a French Baccalauréat, a copy of the “relevé de notes official” is required (INE visible)
- A curriculum vitae
- A copy of the candidate passport
- A recent headshot picture of the candidate (passport format)
All the document listed above are mandatory.
Please note that some of those documents are not marked with a red asterisk on the online application form: this does not mean that they are not required, but that we are aware that you might not have them in your possession at the time of application – or that the files are too heavy to be uploaded. Consequently, you must send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Your complete application will be examined, and if more information are needed you will be contacted by e-mail or phone. Official copies of your documents (transcripts, Bachelor) will be required before the final acceptance. The final selection will be done by the committee and the results will be communicated at the end of April at the latest.
Upon your arrival in Norway, be sure to have with you the original version all your official documents. If you are not able to do so, the offer of admission would be withdrawn.
If you also wish to apply to the MSc Agroecology (WUR/ISARA), you will need to fill in the dedicated form too: MSc Agroecology Organic Agriculture Online Application form